You have a new baby on the way!
We understand that choosing your baby’s doctor is a big decision. After all, they’ll be a big part of your and your child’s lives for the next 18 years or so! It’s important you find a doctor you connect with and are comfortable with and we want to help with that. That’s why we offer free meet and greet consultations with any of our quality pediatricians.
At these consultations, you can meet with our doctors, get to know them, ask any questions, and have the conversations you need to have to find the right doctor for you and your child.
Though many parents wait until the third trimester (or even after birth) to begin interviewing pediatricians for their new baby, it’s never too early to get started. If you’re expecting, reach out to us at any time at email@example.com or 818-361-5437 and ask for a meet and greet consultation for expectant parents.
P.S. We’re happy to offer these same meet and greet consultations if you’re looking for pediatric care for your current family tree too. We’re accepting new patients aged 0 – 21.
Did you know that an approved and properly installed infant car seat is required for you to leave the hospital with your newborn? Staff at the hospital will check to ensure that an appropriate car safety seat is properly installed and that you know how to properly place and secure your baby before they will let you take your new bundle of joy home.
- Many health plans offer programs that can help you get free or low-cost car seats and may also offer classes on their proper installation and use.
- The California Highway Patrol offers car safety seat inspection and education services to help you familiarize yourself with car seat installation and use. You can learn more at this link – chp.ca.gov/Programs-Services/Programs/Child-Safety-Seats
If you are giving birth at a Kids & Teens affiliated hospital, a pediatrician from our practice may be able to see your baby for the first time during your stay at the hospital. Simply tell the hospital when you register at check-in that Kids & Teens Medical Group will be your provider. You can do this even if you haven’t yet chosen which of our pediatricians you want for baby’s ongoing care.
If you’re delivering elsewhere—an unaffiliated hospital, birthing center or at home—please call us to schedule a first visit for your newborn as soon as you get home. We recommend that baby’s first appointment with us happen within 24 – 48 hours after you’re discharged from the hospital.
- Northridge Hospital
- Providence Tarzana Medical Center
- Valley Presbyterian Hospital
- Huntington Memorial Hospital
- Children’s Hospital, Los Angeles
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- West Hills Hospital